Fastnet are currently recruiting for FTTP Surveyors to start immediately on a contract in Scotland. You would be reporting into the project manager and undertake all works associated with and including the surveying and planning of optimal fibre optic routes.
- – Attending sites to determine the best installation route for fibre optic network lines.
- – Understanding and surveying existing fibre optic network infrastructure including ducts and potentials for upgrades.
- – Interpreting telecom design blueprints and construction maps.
- – Completing survey documentation job packs: ISP pathways, drawings, address listings, bill of materials, confirmation pictures, construction plans and project timescales.
- – Carrying out area surveys to ascertain whether any obstructions will prevent a successful installation.
- – Meeting with clients to resolve any issues preventing the project receiving approval to move forward.
- – Identifying customer networks and reviewing proposed methods of construction to ensure that all requirements are compliant.
- – Completing all necessary steps to ensure that wayleaves, permits, re-routes, timescales and agreements are obtained correctly.
- – Identifying civils works for FTTP where required.
- – Competently utilising various design software packages such as Internal Box to Box Surveying Management System, Openreach Orion System, GIS, Visio, CAD, Power Point to create professional job packs.
- – Manage a program of works to deliver client targets and expectations.
- – Conduct Onsite Safety Audits/Risk Assessments.
- – Conduct Quality Checks.
- – Ensure compliance with all company-controlled documents, including all method statements and procedures.
- – Delivering a consistently high level of customer service when out in the field.
Skills and Experience
- – Previous experience working on the Openreach network
- – Ability to understand and design complex network plans
- – Excellent knowledge of FTTP/FTTH/CAT A planning processes.
- – Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Orion, Excel, Email, Word and PowerPoint
Qualifications and Training
- – SA001 Safety Overhead
- – SA002 Safety Underground
- – S5 PIA Pole Surveying
- – S6 PIA Duct Surveying
- – S11 FTTP for Surveyors
- – NRSWA Unit 2
Please apply today with an up to date CV that includes your current contact details and we will be in touch.