Reporting to and directed by the Operations Compliance Manager you will support gangs to ensure all safety, compliance and quality standards are met through a defined audit and inspection regime.
As required, you will undertake competency assessments of Partner’s operatives and support the on-boarding of new operatives.
You will be required to audit complete/part completed works in support of Status X management and fluid invoicing.
- – Safety – ensure that safe working practices are adopted as the top priority for all activities undertaken and that they are supported by all relevant documentation correctly completed.
- – HA Relationships – work with Partners and Highways Authorities locally to develop an effective working relationship through ensuring consistent high levels of Streetworks compliance and reinstatement quality.
- – Inspection Regime – complete in-progress, gate and retro checks in line with business requirements. Recording all results and undertaking remedial actions with the Partner’s gangs. Ensure that no further improvement notices are issued by local Highways Authorities as a result of performance.
- – Field Manager – monitor gang whereabouts and effectively manage your site visits using the Field Manager system.
- – Connect Mobile – review site set up photographs on all current day jobs under your remit to gauge high level signing, lighting and guarding compliance and where appropriate give ‘permission to proceed’.
- – Environmental Compliance – ensure that all activities undertaken in the field and at Partner’s depots are fully compliant with environmental legislation.
- – Partner Competence – undertake assessments of Partner’s operatives against various TAD modules as required.
- – Stores Compliance – through regular inspections, confirm that all materials and other issued items are stored in the correct conditions. Storage of waste/spoil must be within licenced parameters.
- – On-boarding – support the Partner and Operations Compliance Manager with on-boarding of new Operatives.
- – Policies & Procedures – familiarise yourself and your team with policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- – Quality – drive your Partners to adopt a right first-time culture and clear any Section 72 and product defects in line with agreed SLAs.
- – Vehicles – complete checks to confirm the suitability and safety of all vehicles deployed and the eligibility of all drivers.
- – Urgent Safety Issues – make sure that you are available on the phone to support 2- hour and 4-hour defects as and when they are raised.
- – High Risk Activities – support the Operations Compliance Manager with all jobs that are categorised as ‘temporary works’ are managed under the temporary works process.
- – Hot Job Monitor – Represent at site meetings to facilitate hot jobs.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- – 2 – 5 years’ experience of supervising civils, poling or cable gangs working in the highways network or having held a position of ‘site supervisor’ or similar in the construction or telecoms industry.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- – NRSWA Unit 2 & 10
- – IOSH Managing Safely
Excellent employee benefits:
Our client is committed to ensuring that they offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join them and you can expect to receive:
- – 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- – Company pension scheme
- – A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- – An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- – Occupational health support
- – Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Reward scheme