Reporting to the Delivery Manager you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the Openreach external network.
- – Complete intrusive surveys (‘rodding and roping’) on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- – Assess CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- – Produce A55 (As Built) diagrams
- – Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- – Pull 6 core fibre cable on Passive Optical Network routes.
- – Introduce fibre to nodes and CBT’s (Connectorised Block Terminals)
- – Build and create nodes (fibre cable joints).
- – Splice and test external fibre cable.
Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.
Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- – NRSWA Unit 2
- – MEWP
- – Driving licence that entitles driver to tow cable trailers
Excellent employee benefits:
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
• Occupational health support
• Discount Rewards Scheme