Reporting to the Supervisor you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the Openreach external network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- – Complete intrusive surveys (‘rodding and roping’) on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- – Assess CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- – Produce A55 (Built) diagrams
- – Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- – Pull 6 core fibre cable on Passive Optical Network routes.
- – Introduce fibre to nodes and CBT’s (Connectorised Block Terminals)
- – Build and create nodes (fibre cable joints).
- – Splice and test external fibre cable.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- – NRSWA Unit 2
- – MEWP
- – S11 & S13 Accreditation / Orion Preferred
- – Driving licence that entitles driver to tow cable trailers
Excellent employee benefits:
- – 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- – Company pension scheme
- – A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- – An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- – Occupational health support
- – Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping
- – Reward scheme
If you are interested in this role, please click to apply today or send your CV to email@example.com and we will get back to you.