Main Purpose of Job
Fastnet are seeking a highly-skilled, professional technical support manager to join our client’s dynamic and growing team. In this position, you will oversee all hardware and software technical matters companywide in the UK and provide local support to their technical support team based in Germany. This is a home based opportunity.
You will work collaboratively with clients/users, the development team in Germany, and various stakeholders throughout the group of companies, to ensure that all technical matters relating to product training, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all the products supplied by them are delivered in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- – Manage the company’s Technical Support functions for all hardware products supplied by the company.
- – Be the go to person for the UK team for all back office software issues and queries
- – Deep dive and drill into EVSE via the back office software to investigate, troubleshoot, resolve, document and record issues raised by internal and external partners.
- – Improve the effectiveness of the Company’s communication to both internal and external partners on solutions to technical issues and support UK Sales Teams on Technical pitches to customers.
- – Provide product support and other technical support functions to the supply chain in the most efficient manner for all concerned.
- – Provide technical support to the operations department and the wider eMobility team.
- – Provide relevant technical information to Operations staff to enable proper operation and maintenance of EV charging equipment.
- – Raising monthly analysis Reports on failure trends, installation issues and installer feedback in accordance with routine and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- – Take an active role in the “Installer Product Training” sessions to internal and external partners across both hardware and software.
- – Provide support to internal and external partners on the processes and procedures on achieving and maximising the functions of the back-office software.
- – Manage onboarding the process of new customers using their back-office platform.
- – Supporting CPO (Charge Point Operator) Clients with technical issues
Key Performance Indicators
- – Hardware / Software technical issues are resolved in a timely manner (SLAs TBC)
- – Internal and external partner technical queries are resolved in a timely manner (SLAs TBC)
- – Support for Commercial team and Sales team tasks are completed in a timely manner.
In any small organization, the team members must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide range of activities during daily business, including some which may not normally be part of the job description for an equivalent position elsewhere. It is therefore a requirement that the individual filling this position has an aptitude to learn new skills, to think for him/herself, and be able to work in an environment where fixed routines may not be established.
Taking the lead and dealing with partner queries in relation to identifying EVSE error codes and advising the appropriate course of action. For example, ensuring that the sequence of actions / instructions are carried correctly, this can be communicated by either verbally or via documentation.
conducting site visits and Interpret downloaded data taken from EVSEs showing an error message, not operating correctly or not communicating with the back-office system to identify and trouble shoot the root cause. Then communicate findings following lessons learnt in a format that can be easily be followed and understood.
Champion all processes and procedures to maximise the back-office system functionality and support the delivery of training to external partners.
Knowledge and skills
- – Preferred experience working in the Electric Vehicle sector but not essential.
- – Preferred understanding of Back-Office platforms
- – General knowledge of OCPP, OCPI and API’s
- – Working knowledge of Electrical Infrastructures for EVs would be an advantage.
- – 5+ years’ experience working in Information Technology field.
- – Solid working knowledge in all required software and programming languages.
- – A proactive approach to problem solving.
- – A hands on approach and practically minded and capable.
- – Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- – Exceptional communication and reporting skills.
- – Self-Motivated with a can-do attitude.
- – Good people skills are essential.