About the role:
The role is responsible ensuring our client’s businesses get the best possible service and value from their supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business needs.
You will focus on providing the necessary pre and post contract quantity surveying support on a range of programmes of work forming an integral part of the commercial team supporting the Commercial Manager in the daily commercial management of their portfolio of civil engineering projects.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- – Client and supply chain contractual management
- – Ensure work done is timely and accurately recorded
- – Client Application produced, invoiced and paid in line with the contract terms
- – Identifying risks, opportunities and any required actions i.e. perform risk, and value management exercise
- – Track up and down stream changes to design and or construction works and manager accordingly
- – Management of client compensation event process
- – Oversee and involvement in site operational processes such as onsite measures, compensation event identification, cost base management and early warnings.
- – Feed into the reporting/forecasting for budgeting/forecasting purposes
- – Liaison with Project Managers and Site supervisors to collate information on day to day remits
- – Contract administration (NEC forms of contract)
- – Subcontract Management, allocating work packages, assessing compensation events, valuing payment applications through to final account.
- – Understanding implications of Health and safety regulations
- – Complete departmental KPI’s.
- – Follow all procedures within the Company.
- – Manage your workload efficiently and prioritise.
- – Ensure timesheets are completed in accordance with processes.
- – Identify any issue you have and discuss with your line manager and/or HR Advisor.
Key Skills and Experience:
- – Excellent commercial acumen and quantity surveying skills
- – Excellent knowledge of contractual agreements
- – Experience in a similar role at a similar level
- – Ability to communicate at all levels
- – Ability to analyse and interpret numerical data
- – Competent on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- – Competent in understanding project programmes and the commercial impact of change
- – Understanding of Council street work systems is beneficial
- – Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team
- – Cemar Experience desirable
- – Working in a Civil delivery is essential
- – Fibre experience desirable but not essential
- – A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is essential for this role