The function of the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer is to be a flexible and productive member of the maintenance team, making a maximum contribution to the overall production effort and efficiency.
The primary objective is to provide a rapid and effective mechanical maintenance service to the whole of the factory and the offices.
Job duties will include the following:
- breakdown repair and maintenance of factory/office plant, equipment and services, including
- routine inspection and maintenance of a wide range of Hydraulic/pneumatic equipment, including water cooling systems and associated data logging
- maintenance of forklift trucks between routine services
- contribute to increased product throughput, quality, and consistency
- general housekeeping and maintenance of the maintenance workshop to a high standard
- Organize and manage the COSHH data and records
A high sense of responsibility and attention to detail is required in a role that can affect the safety and well-being of others and the operational efficiency of the manufacturing plant. A positive attitude and the ability to relate to others and flexibility, even under pressure, is necessary for successful
performance of the duties.
The position reports to the Operations Manager, who will provide direction and guidance, and outline priorities and expectations. Close teamwork is required with colleagues in all areas of the business, both in the day-to-day operation of the plant and in the improvement of processes, systems, and infrastructure.
The position is based at our plant in Perth, and this is the normal place of work.
Hours of work are 6.45am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday with a 30-minute lunch break.
For more information or to apply please contact James at email@example.com or call 02476 243678