Fastnet are recruiting on behalf of our industry leading client in Central London for Quantity Surveyors. We can consider both contract and permanent applications for this role.
About the role:
Working alongside an experienced Senior QS and Senior Project Manager on a central London residential scheme. The appointed candidate will implement a detailed, concise and fully integrated Project Valuation Programme. They will also monitor and report contract performance and deviations.
- – Manage feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs and engaging all team members from the project launch to ensure that the best solution is obtained.
- – Single point of contact to fully understand project’s commercial needs, evaluating different options to fulfil them and propose the best solutions in a reasonable, professional way.
- – Manage cost throughout the project stages through to financial close and during construction. Assisting when required with regards to cost evaluation, procurement and variation advice.
- – Accurately report and monitor, to forecast correctly, monthly cost reporting.
- – Remain the single point of accountability for reporting weekly and monthly commercial reports to the Commercial Manager and Commercial Director.
- – Handle procurement of sub-contractor packages and present their selection for approval of said packages by Commercial Director.
- – Prepare and monitor all supporting documentation for extension of time and loss in expense claims, in line with the contract documentation.
- – Monitor project variations, project claims and compile all supporting documents, ensuring all the relevant project files are updated for review by the company’s Commercial Manager.
- – Minimise the cost and enhance value for money for projects, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- – Cashflow to be prepared and monitored for the project.
- – All costs applicable to the project to be monitored including preliminaries through the approval, sign off of orders and the reviewing of invoices applicable to the project.
- – Prepare monthly client applications for payments and follow through to receipt of client certificate, in line with the works completed on site and cash flow position.
- – Contract administration of the main contract to protect our clients position and safeguard any issues.
- – Administration of Sub-contractors’ contracts, to ensure fair and efficient management of Sub-contractor packages.
- – Assess Sub-contractors’ application for payments, to ensure a fair valuation in line with the progress on site and with their contracts.
- – Other job-related duties as they arise from new company processes.
Skills and experience required:
- – Degree in Quantity Surveying/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- – Minimum 5 years professional experience, preferably within the residential M&E sector
- – Must be able to review technical drawings for variations, valuations and take offs
- – Previous experience working on commercial/residential projects
- – Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- – Self-motivated, good working attitude and a high level of professionalism
- – Proficient in MS Office, specifically in MS Excel
If this seems like a good opportunity for you, please apply with an up to date CV that includes your current contact details and we will be in touch.