Fastnet are currently looking to recruit an Electrician to join our client’s growing Field Services team. Telecoms experience is preferable but not essential for this role as full training will be given. You will be working on a number of deployments on telecoms project work across the UK, for a variety of vendors and on a range of different equipment types. For the right candidate there will be the opportunity to train and develop on the telecoms engineering aspect of project work in addition to the electrical.
This is a Nationwide Role, therefore travel will be required. An attractive salary of £32-£34K is offered with overtime available, increasing earning potential to approx £42,000. Vehicle, fuel and accommodation supplied.
The role is based within our client’s Installation and Commissioning team and will report into the Electrical Supervisor. You will be supporting project delivery for which the scope includes:
- – Installing DC racks, batteries and rectifiers
- – Site surveys
- – Installation, testing and certification of AC & DC systems
- – AC and DC cabling
- – Fault finding on a range of equipment
- – Commissioning equipment
- – Fixed, Optical and Mobile technologies electrical requirements, including 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and LTE
- – Working in a telecoms environment, including exchanges, data centres, street works and mobile operator sites
- – Emergency first aid at work
- – Asbestos awareness
- – Manual handling
- – IOSH working safely
- – City and Guilds 2391 – Inspect and Test
- – 18th Edition ( 17th Ed cert applicants accepted if willing to work toward the 18th Ed)
- – Willingness to work nationwide on both days and nights
- – Able to adapt to a fast paced environment
- – Positive can-do attitude
- – Excellent communication skills via email, telephone and face to face
- – The ability to respond and act promptly on all tasks delivered
- – Exceptional organisation skills
Development and reward opportunities are available for those who have the passion, enthusiasm and work ethic to harness them.
- – 25 days annual leave
- – Access to staff discount portal
- – Enrolment into a pension plan
- – Free flu jabs each October
- – Group life assurance
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an inclusive company.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I shall give you a call.