A fantastic opportunity has arose to become a Telecoms Highway Apprenticeship Trainer/Assessor. Fastnet are recruiting on behalf of our industry leading client who provide training across the UK from their state of the art facilities. This is a permanent position with immediate starts and competitive salaries on offer.
- – Train Apprentices undertaking Telecoms and/or Highways Standards
- – Train & Assess commercial qualifications as part of the Apprenticeship provision
- – Liaise with Apprenticeship Welfare Co-ordinator
- – Liaise with FSkills Co-ordinator and FSkills Tutors
- – Ensure learners are fully supported throughout the term of their qualification. This should include:
- – Assessing the persons learning style and discussing their preferred ways of learning
- – Effective management of evidence gathering, assessment and attainment
- – Agreeing and recording assessment and Teaching and Learning Plans for each person in a timely manner
- – Providing the person with prompt, accurate, formative and summative feedback.
- – Demonstration of anti‐discriminatory practice and equal opportunities
- – Ensuring safeguarding and prevent is incorporated into every session.
- – Maintenance of confidentiality and compliance with GDPR
- – Observe learners’ performance through formative assessment and/or in simulated situations, and/or conduct other forms of assessment in accordance with the qualification and standards as set down by the awarding body such as, professional discussions, witness testimonies, oral/written questioning and product evidence and in doing so ensuring validity, authenticity, currency and sufficiency of evidence maintaining appropriate, accurate and verifiable records confirming that learners have demonstrated competence/knowledge and have completed the required documentation
- – Assist learners in the collation of a portfolio of evidence
- – Facilitate guest speakers
- – Invigilate tests to the JCQ requirements
- – Prepare the learner for EPA as per the guidelines within the standard if applicable for programme and carry out mocks
- – Carry out the EPA gateway interview
- – Attend standardisation meetings on a monthly basis
- – As required make themselves available and organise for their allocated learners (and their portfolios) to be available to:
- The Lead IQA
- Their Internal Quality Assurer
- External Quality Assurers
- – To hold or be working towards an assessor qualification
- – Able to deliver majority of training as detailed on the Telecoms/Highways Apprenticeship ILP
- – To take on a caseload of up to 60 learners across 6 cohorts
- – Willingness to supplement hours with Commercial Training and Assessing, until the Apprenticeship provision is at full capacity
If this seems like a good opportunity for you, please apply with an up to date CV and we will be in touch.