Fastnet are recruiting for an experienced Service Engineer to join our client’s team on a permanent basis.
– Carrying out instructions with respect to inspection, repair, service and maintenance of all Plant machinery and equipment for hire and resale by the Company.
– Ensuring that all machines are serviced and ready for use in a clean and safe working order.
– In the field Service Engineers are required to attend sites to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment, including delivery of machine attachments to sites.
– Ensure site safety/regulations are adhered to with regard to site briefings, inductions, etc.
– In the workshop Service Engineers are required to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment within the Depot.
– Maintain a thorough machine history record in line with Company policies and procedures, using the appropriate computer or paper-based system.
– Maintaining accurate and up to date service and maintenance records for auditing, using the appropriate computer or paper-based system.
– Maintain good working practices and be prepared to share knowledge and explain technical information clearly to non-technical audiences.
– Maintain the Workshop in a clean and safe manner, ensuring equipment used is safely returned to its natural rest area with full compliance and input into the company’s 6s system
– Able to be flexible when competent to be available for nights and weekend shifts as well as on call when necessary.
– Able to work well as part of a team, Customer focused.
– Plant Engineering trained to minimum Level 3 NVQ.
– Knowledge of the Rail Industry with basic electrical, hydraulic and diesel fault finding experience preferred.
– Heavy plant experience required.
– Welding experience preferred.
– PTS qualified or willing to work towards gaining a PTS qualification.