• Attending sites to determine the best installation route for fibre optic network lines.
• Understanding and surveying existing fibre optic network infrastructure including ducts and potentials for upgrades.
• Interpreting telecom design blueprints and construction maps.
• Completing survey documentation job packs: ISP pathways, drawings, address listings, bill of materials, confirmation pictures, construction plans and project timescales.
• Carrying out area surveys to ascertain whether any obstructions will prevent a successful installation.
• Meeting with clients to resolve any issues preventing the project receiving approval to move forward.
• Identifying customer networks and reviewing proposed methods of construction to ensure that all requirements are compliant.
• Completing all necessary steps to ensure that wayleaves, permits, re-routes, timescales and agreements are obtained correctly.
• Identifying civils works for FTTP where required.
• Competently utilising various design software packages such as Openreach Orion System, GIS, Visio, CAD, Power Point to create professional job packs.
• Manage a program of works to deliver client targets and expectations.
• Conduct Onsite Safety Audits/Risk Assessments.
• Conduct Quality Checks.
• Each completed estimate must be quality checked before returning as complete.
• Work with Project Manager and Co-Ordinator to build a program of works.
• Set a good example to all employees.
• Ensure compliance with all company-controlled documents, including all method statements and procedures.
• Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet the changing needs of the department.
• Liaison with third parties working in conjunction with the group to meet client’s needs. • Delivering a consistently high level of customer service when out in the field. • Working and ensuring that you are working with in the Health and Safety requirements as per company policy.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working on the BT/OR Network.
• Ability to understand/ design complex Network plans.
• Excellent knowledge of FTTP/FTTH/CAT A planning processes.
• Excellent Knowledge of the BT/OR network, both UG and OH.
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Orion, Excel, Email, Word and PowerPoint
Qualifications and training
• SA001 Safety Overhead
• SA002 Safety Underground
• S5 PIA Pole Surveying
• S6 PIA Duct Surveying
• S11 FTTP for Surveyors
• Unit 2 Street Works
Health & Safety, Quality and Environment.
• Ensure your compliance with Health & Safety Regulations.
• Reporting of all accidents, incidents near misses in line with company policies.
• Ensure risk assessments and method statements are as completed and adhered to.
• Maintain accurate records in compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
• To respond to complaints/defects in line with company standards.
• Proactively work to continuously develop the company’s SHEQ system.
• Complete daily checks on product quality and bring to the attention of the Project Manager all recurring non-conformances using standard company check sheets relevant to your works.