An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced FTTP Fibre Engineer in Berkshire area. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of installation work within a telecom’s environment.
Reporting to the Delivery Manager you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the Openreach external network.
Duties will include :
- – Completing intrusive surveys (‘rodding and roping’) on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- – Assessing CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- – Producing A55 (Built) diagrams
- – Installing sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- – Pulling 6 core fibre cable on Passive Optical Network routes.
- – Introducing fibre to nodes and CBT’s (Connectorised Block Terminals)
- – Building and creating nodes (fibre cable joints).
- – Splicing and testing external fibre cable.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- – NRSWA Unit 2
- – NOPS
- – Driving licence
Excellent employee benefits:
- – 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- – Company pension scheme
- – A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- – An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- – Occupational health support
- – Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector, then please apply below or send you cv to email@example.com.