Primary duties will include but not limited to repair and / or calibration of Industrial Controls, (i.e. industrial grade PCBs, timers, counters, PLCs, drives, monitors and temperature & process controls.) Experience in servo and/or robotics industry a plus. Additionally, Test functionality of each unit repaired. Order parts as necessary for each unit processed. Update tracking notes in the computer system (CRM) reflecting the steps take to repair each unit. Engineers will be required to perform repairs of units down to component level, using good soldering and troubleshooting skills. Use of test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, function generator) and test fixtures to ensure complete and proper repair of each unit is paramount.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- – As the Repair Technician, you will be expected to solder to a high level and troubleshoot down to component level, using a range of test equipment (Oscilloscope, Multi-meter, and Function Generator)
- – Order parts if necessary to assist with repair using the CRM system
- – Clean, check, service and test repaired items, ensuring the unit functions correctly and fit for purpose. Where a unit doesn’t match those vital credentials, advise accordingly to the Repair Supervisor
- – The role involves approximately 90% bench level electronic and electro-mechanical and 10% documentation of actions taken on each item and communication of completions, using the CRM system
- – Identify and communicate any test capability limitations to the Engineering Department
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- – Ability to troubleshoot and solder components is required
- – Have a logical approach to fault finding
- – The ability to understand wiring schematics and fault find electrical circuits
- – Use of a CRM system in past roles
- -Ability to work at fast pace
- – Attention to detail
- – Use of hand and power tools.
- – Must be incentive driven.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- – GCSE minimum grade C’s in a science subject, Mathematics and English
- – A recognised Electrical / Electronic Engineering Qualification is required
- – Experience in the Industry or a similar repair environment a distinct advantage
- – Occasional reaching/working overhead, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- – Frequent walking
- – Continuous standing and repetitive hand motion
- – Lifting requirements include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds and continuous lifting of up to 10 pounds
Eligible for the Repair Technician Monthly Commission Plan after 90 days in the position
Work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, with Lunch 12:00pm until 1:00pm. This is a minimum expectation. Often projects and assignments may extend beyond the normal workday. Adherence to attendance and coverage policies is expected to be followed diligently.