Fastnet have a great opportunity for a Civils Supervisor to join our client’s team.
As the Civils Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- – Overseeing the civils operational team
- – Carrying out initial site survey of route
- – In the field problem solving / prove alternative solutions
- – Ensuring that correct drawings are available in job packs
- – Liaising with various local authorities to discuss works and streetwork / permit requirements
- – Scheduling work for civils teams
- – Compiling as-laid drawings for new assets
- – Supporting the day-to-day operations, providing operational support and quality audits
- – Briefing operatives on method statements, risk assessments and daily tasks
- – Working with the planning team to plan works
- – Meeting with client representatives to build a solid working relationship and agree timescales for projects
- – Supporting Project Managers to ensure swift technical problem resolution in the field
- – Providing support and guidance to operatives; ensuring quality or work, procedures and methods – of working are understood and adhered to
- – Quality checking and reinstatement
- – Attending site meetings with customer, councils etc. as required
Skills and Experience:
- – Experienced in Telecoms / Utility Works / Highways works.
- – Competent in using Microsoft Office products – word, excel etc.
- – Good communication skills.
- – Able to produce reports / daily diaries, recording measures of works installed
- – Able to conduct H&S / quality audits, managing HSEQ on site
- – Hold a minimum of NRSWA Supervisors – Excavation, reinstatement, SLG – at least 12 months validity remaining, Manual Handling and First Aid at Work certifications
- – Problem solver, able to suggest design changes
- – NRSWA accreditation to supervisor
- – An understanding of permit to work Schemes and FPN’s
- – Ability to understand client’s quality requirements
- – Relevant experience at Civils middle management level in the Telecoms industry