A fantastic opportunity has come to work as a valued residential chef within a great company. We are looking for a Chef with at least 1 years’ experience. If you have worked within a residential or care setting before, that is a bonus!
Purpose of Job
As part of the residential team, the Chef will contribute to the effective service provision offered to the services users by ensuring the kitchen conforms with statutory requirements including:
- food standards,
- environmental health,
- health and safety,
- organisational policy and procedures.
Clients dietary and nutritional needs are met through menu planning and working within budgetary requirements
- Liaise with the Head Chef/House Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals which are nutritionally balanced and provide service users with the vitamins and nutrients required to aid their recovery
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary and take into account the preferences of individual service users
- Ensure that 2 options are available on a daily basis for the evening meal
- Ensure that all service users are given a minimum of one session a week working alongside the Chef to prepare and produce a healthy balanced meal within a budget
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area is carried out effectively.
- Maintain accurate records of fridge/freezer temperatures
- Ensure the security of the house is maintained at all times
- Participate in staff and service user meetings as required]
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Attend mandatory training courses as and when required
- Promote safe working practices
- Take responsibility for own health and safety and others including reporting illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by service user, colleague, self or other. Reporting any maintenance or faulty appliances, equipment, or any potential hazard to the House Manager
- Promote a positive personal/professional profile within the house.
Knowledge and skills:
- Good Communitive skills.
- Ability to work with own initiative.
- Good administrative skills.
- Be willing to undertake any necessary training.
- Good Basic knowledge of education
- Basic Food Hygiene
- NVQ level 2 in Hospitality and Catering
- 40 hours a week working Monday – Sunday
- £20,500 per annum
- Completion of satisfactory DBS check.